The Alpha Nu Chapter of Delta Gamma at the University of Southern California is committed to scholarly excellence.Delta Gamma is a wonderful resource for girls who are dedicated to the highest standard of academic achievement.
- Delta Gamma is a wonderful resource for girls who are dedicated to the highest standard of academic achievement.
- Women are encouraged to study in the library, living room and study room of our chapter home where the lighting is bright and quiet hours are respected.
- Upperclassmen Delta Gammas mentor new members in different areas of study.
- File cabinets store textbooks, past course notes and study guides to aide Delta Gammas as they prepare for upcoming papers and exams.
Each semester, Delta Gamma hosts a Scholarship Dinner to honor women who have demonstrated academic excellence. This evening also provides Delta Gammas with the opportunity to invite one or two professors to dine at our chapter home. Women get to know their professors and professors get to learn more about Delta Gamma and bear witness to our academic success.
Delta Gamma was proud to honor its members and their academic achievements during the Spring 2015 semester at its Scholarship Dinner this past spring. The women with the top GPAs are recognized with gift certificates and cream-colored roses, our official Fraternity flower.
GPA # - of Delta Gammas
4.0 - 13
3.75-3.99 - 32
3.50-3.74 - 38
3.00-3.50 - 64
The astounding grade-point-averages of Delta Gammas brought our chapter particular distinction as the USC sorority with the third highest cumulative GPA of 3.31. This average is well above the sorority average of 3.26, the all women’s average of 3.20, the all-Greek average of 3.14, and the undergraduate average of 3.12.
Academic Majors and Minors of Delta Gammas
Delta Gammas are a diverse group of young women in regard to their backgrounds, cultures, geographic origins and areas of study.
Below is a list of the broad range of Majors and Minors that the women of Delta Gamma are committed to studying:
- Art History
- Biomedical Engineering
- Broadcast Journalism
- Business Administration
- Comparative Politics
- Dental Hygiene
- Earth Sciences
- Fine Arts
- Gender Studies
- General Studies: Elementary Education
- Health and Humanities
- Health Promotions and Disease Promotion
- Industrial Systems and Engineering
- International Relations/Global Business
- Mechanical Engineering
- Law and Society
- Law and Public Policy
- Music Industry
- Musical Theatre
- Nutrition and Health Promotion
- Occupational Therapy
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Policy, Planning and Development
- Political Science
- Print Journalism
- Psychology and Law
- Public Relations
- Russian Area Studies
- Sports Management